Here we are folks, year three of the new format Golden Troll returns on Saturday the 5th of June. Listed below are this years categories, a whopping 33 Trolls will be handed out this year and we are aiming
for our biggest turn out of amazingly painted models ever!
Entry forms are available in store now, once you have worked out which level — Amateur, Standard or Elite — that you are entering fill in the form and hand it back to a staff member. You may enter as many categories as you like but only one entry per category. Good luck! and if you have any questions just ask.
• Best Single Figure: Any non-vehicle model up to 60mm base.
• Best Unit: Any unit of at least 3-10 infantry models on bases no larger than 60mm each.
• Best Vehicle: Any Walker or Vehicle model no bigger than a Landraider for example.
• Best Monster: Any model with the Monster Keyword on a 60mm or larger base.
• Best Lord of War: Any datasheet with the Lord of War type. (Guilliman not included)
Age of Sigmar:
• Best Hero Warscroll: Any Hero model up to a 60mm base.
• Best Unit Warscroll: Any Infantry or Cavalry Warscroll of 5 to 10 models.
• Best Monster Warscroll: Any Monster Warscroll of any size.
• Best War Engine: Any Artillery or Warmachine Warscroll of any size.
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit:
• Best Single Figure: Any single model. Includes Monsters.
• Best Unit: Any unit of infantry, 10 models plus or cavalry, 5 models plus.
• This category comprises two single models mounted on a base no more than the 160mm round base in size. The judges will be looking for a dynamic pairing of two well-matched opponents in some kind of combat or other dramatic situation. Models may be from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Warhammer 40,000 or The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit ranges.
Youngbloods — Under 16’s:
• Best Single Figure: Any model from all 3 games up to 60mm base.
• Best Unit: Any unit of 5+ models from all 3 games.
• Best Large Model: Any large model form all 3 games.
Boxed Games — Shadespire, Necromunda and Blood Bowl:
• Any Shadespire Warband: Full Warband of one Shadespire Faction.
• Any Necromunda Gang: A Full 10 model gang from one of the box sets. You may add one additional Forge World model if you wish.
• Any Blood Bowl Team: A Full Blood Bowl Team from one of the box sets. You may add one Star Player if you wish.
Note: This is a new category and as such Games Workshop Staff may enter this event.
• As always, the Open competition is your opportunity to let your imagination run riot. Anything goes! Your entry could be a single model, a sweeping diorama or whatever takes your fancy. Entries can be of any size, there is no limit here. We are looking for well-painted and brilliantly executed models that really capture the essence of our fictional worlds, but also the spirit of what fantasy and science fiction modelling can be at its best. This is one of the hardest competitions to win, not least because we encourage
Games Workshop staff to enter.
Amateurs and Elites:
Once again this year we will have both an Amateurs and Elites category for both Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar. Those who have won a Troll in the past will now have moved up a category and will be upping their game this year.
The categories for Amateurs and Elites are almost the same as the Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar categories, when filling in your entry form simply tick the Elite or Amateur box next to the category you are entering.
If you are unsure which category to enter, ask a staff member for help.
So thats it folks. Entries can be handed in at any time from the 1st of May till the 1st of June, please note that this year if you are entering you MUST be there at the end if you want to win, if you are not available then the next placed miniature from your category will receive the Troll.